Health & Safety Policy
Protection of people and robust health, safety and security management is of primary importance to the board of Chariot. It is essential that the company conducts its operations in such a way as to protect the health, safety and security of its employees, its contractors and all those affected by Chariot’s activities.
Chariot’s goals are to:
- Provide the necessary resourcing in the form of finance, equipment, personnel, training and time as are necessary to fulfil this policy and to further develop our Health and Safety (H&S) culture through visible leadership at all levels.
- Set responsibilities and accountabilities for H&S and security within the company.
- Actively promote awareness of H&S and security issues and reward and recognise desired behaviours.
- Promote well-being and support programmes which improve mental health at work.
- Identify, evaluate and manage H&S and security hazards and risks involved in company operations to as low a level as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Establish effective systems to ensure so far as is reasonably practical a safe, healthy and secure working environment, to protect employees and others from harm.
- Comply with the H&S and security laws and regulations of the countries in which Chariot is present as well as all the applicable standards of the international energy industry.
- Identify and work towards H&S objectives and targets that are regularly reviewed and reported on to promote continual improvement against those objectives and targets.
- Monitor and evaluate our own and contractor performance, competence and capabilities and conduct periodic audits to ensure our controls are effective and that our H&S and security standards are being achieved.
- Provide and maintain a system to ensure that accidents and ‘near misses’ are all reported and investigated with appropriate action taken to reduce the likelihood of their re-occurrence and ensure the lessons learned are shared throughout the business.
- Maintain Emergency Response and Crisis Management plans and the capability to respond in an emergency.
- Consult with and involve our stakeholders, including our employees, their representatives, and local communities on our HSES management systems and performance and protect workers from reprisal for whistleblowing and reporting of incidents.
- Ensure that contractors are aware of and comply with our policies and processes and, where necessary, work with our contractors to raise their standards to meet our requirements.
- Make this policy easily accessible to all employees and the public.
- Continually improve our HSES Management System and conduct regular reviews and audits so that we enhance our H&S and security performance.
- Fully respect the H&S and security components of all management choices, plans and operations; and
- Conduct periodic reviews of this policy where necessary to ensure that it remains relevant and effective;
These goals are fundamental to the wellbeing, safety and security of all Chariot employees, the communities within which Chariot works and the efficient operation of the Company. Helping to fulfil these goals is the responsibility of everyone who works for Chariot with full support from directors, staff, partners, and contractors.