The Anchois Gas Development Project
The Lixus Offshore licence covers an area of approximately 2,390km², with water depths ranging from the coastline to 850m. The area has extensive data coverage with legacy 3D seismic data covering approximately 1,425km² and 5 exploration wells, including the Anchois-1 discovery well.
The Anchois gas discovery represents a high value gas appraisal and development project.
- Anchois -1 gas discovery – Audited total remaining recoverable resource in excess of 1 Tcf, comprising 361 Bcf 2C contingent resources and 690 2U prospective resources.
- The appraisal and exploration well, Anchois -2, drilled safely, on time, and on budget, discovered excellent quality, dry gas across seven reservoirs with approx. 150m net pay.
- High quality reservoir properties that mean producer wells can produce gas at high rates, reducing the associated drilling and completion costs and subsea complexity.
- Excellent gas quality, without impurities such as carbon dioxide or hydrogen sulphide, means that standard materials and technology can be used for the flowline and processing facility
- World-class commercial contract terms with high gas prices in a developing market with growing energy demand offers a potentially high-value project
- Project financing for the development of the project to be led by notable investment bank Societe Generale
- Reservoirs are directly imaged on seismic data, with distinctive seismic signatures, showing bright, high amplitudes and far-offset (AVO) seismic anomalies, increasing the confidence in the lateral extent of the sands away from the discovery well location and other systems on-block
- Material low risk exploration satellites with significant tie-back potential
- Additional on-block, exploration upside of a combined 1.8 Tcf 2U audited Prospective Resource